Our founders have a deep personal and professional connection to older adults, including residents of assisted- and and memory-care communities, their families, and caregivers.
Over the past three years, together with AARP and innovators like Procter & Gamble, GreatCall, Bank of America, the Hartford, and T-Mobile, we’ve been researching how best to serve the longevity audience. The insights coming from this research have provided critical guidance to these organizations and have led us to launching Joe & Bella.
Joe & Bella Co-Founder and CEO Jimmy Zollo also co-founded Collaborata, a market-research organization that launches innovative large-scale projects by bringing brands together to share insights and the costs. Jimmy developed his passion and enthusiasm for innovation while driving initial growth at GrubHub, one of Chicago's most successful tech startups. He helped develop GrubHub's industry-leading restaurant network by launching new markets and growing existing ones.
Co-Founder (and Jimmy's dad) Peter Zollo spent his career at the other end of the age spectrum, as CEO of TRU, which grew into the world’s largest youth-insights agency. He served two U.S. Presidents as the chief youth advisor to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy and was on the team that launched Truth, the national anti-tobacco campaign. At Collaborata, he helped launch a series of groundbreaking studies on aging. As an advocate for residents of long-term-care communities, he represented families in a national press conference focusing on the Challenges of Covid, at the request of Congresswoman Jan Schakowskly, who leads the Congressional Task Force on Aging & Families.
Joe & Bella is informed and inspired by a diverse group of advisors. Their perspective and expertise, gained by working on the frontlines in leading care communities as well as leading and consulting with some of the most prominent organizations that advocate and innovate for older adults in need of care and those who provide them care, guide us. We're grateful for and inspired by these remarkable, generous individuals:
Joe & Bella Board of Advisors:
- Lori Bitter | Founder and President, The Business of Aging
- Alison Bryant, PhD | Executive Vice President, AARP
- Anthony Cirillo | President, The Aging Experience; Founder, Senior Entertainment/Education Network
- Kevin Cysyk | Director of Living and Personal Care, Pennsylvania Health Care Association
- Julie Donovan |Trainer, Agency on Aging & Disability; Facilitator, HOPE Dementia Support Groups
- Yoni Kirschner | Founder and CEO, 1Konnection
- Jennifer Pasternack | Executive Director, Northbrook Inn
- Sherri Snelling | Corporate Gerontologist, CEO, Caregiving Club
- Benjamin Surmi | Director of Education and Culture, Koelsch Senior Communities