We are just BONKERs over these books! They're perfect for adults with dementia.
These three nostalgic picture books will delight your loved one with each wonderful page. These books make great bonding activities with the grandkids (and great-grandkids) and are also engaging conversation-starters or perfect for quiet, individual reading.
This bundle includes:
- "Living Dolls" features 100 charming black and white images of era-spanning photographs of girls and their dolls.
- "The Nostalgic Picture Book of Babies" is 40 full-color images of adorable babies, all busy being adorable.
- "The Nostalgic Picture Book of Kittens" features darling kittens just doing what kittens do.
Nana’s Books meet the needs of those living with brain changes in a dignified, respectful way. These are not children’s books repurposed for people living with dementia, but classics re-mastered to accommodate those in cognitive decline --while promoting cognitive and social engagement. Enhanced quality of life through compassionate design is at the heart of every book in the series.
- Full-color images
- Consistent, predictable layout
- 16-point large print, sans serif font
- Familiar (8.5” x 11”) magazine size, easy to slip into a bag or purse
- Lightweight with soft, wipeable cover
- Visually similar covers across the series
- No mention of memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia
Praise for Nana's books:
NANA’S BOOKS have been praised by Naomi Feil of Validation Therapy, Lori LaBey of ALZ SPEAKS and have found their place as favorite resources in validation, recreation, reminiscence, and life review therapies, as well as adult day, memory, hospice, palliative and pastoral care.